The A Set Offense with Coach Lason Perkins
The What and Why of The A Set Offense as presented by Coach Lason Perkins and FullCourtBasketball.com:
The A Set Offense is one of the most powerful offensive schemes in basketball and this is one of two presentations we offer that detail the scheme. Developed and utilized extensively in International basketball for years, it’s now the basis for teams and programs everywhere around the world.
Referenced also as the Horns Offense (and we have an incredible DVD with that title for sale here too) based on the typical hand signal used to call the action, the interior and exterior options and 3 point shooting plays presented here are hard to guard and proven to score! From isolations to motion, this offense has it all.
This comprehensive presentation includes over 40 great scoring actions that are designed to create great and easy scoring opportunities – and not only are the actions explained and documented, but there is actual game footage that provides a real life look at the actions in real game situations.
This is just one of our incredible sets of powerful information on THE offense that every coach should utilize at least occasionally. While Horns and A-Set actions are designed primarily to be utilized against man to man defenses, they can also shred zone defenses as they provide a unique look and great floor balance.
The A Set Offense is divided into multiple chapters that offer scoring actions categorized as:
- Basic Alignment
- Pick & Roll Plays
- Baseline Plays
- Post Plays
- Isolation Actions
- International Game Footage Breakdown
- Bonus Plays
And of course, any of the Horn Offense plays and actions can be modified to fit your team personnel and opponent strengths and weaknesses.
What you get in this FullCourtBasketball.com package:
You get deadly and effective plays and actions utilized by some of the most important and winning coaches at all levels of basketball – including such Hall Of Famers as Tom Izzo, Steve Kerr, Phil Jackson Brad Stevens, Bill Self, and virtually every international coach and team. These are plays and actions used by teams in the NBA and the Euro League, NCAA Mens and Womens programs – and high schools and youth level teams and programs around the world.
How the information in ‘The A Set Offense’ by Coach Lason Perkins is presented:
Coach Lason Perkins presents The A Set Offense plays and information in a collection of different ways that make learning and ultimately sharing and teaching the actions easy and effective.
The A Set Offense features:
- On the court player demonstrations that provide both a real time and slow motion look at the play from start to finish.
- Deep and dynamic whiteboard diagramming that encapsulates the live action visual in a manner similar to game time and practice time teaching
- Instructional graphics are embedded the video footage of both the player demonstrations and the whiteboard diagramming so that certain key teaching and learning elements are highlighted
- Multiple camera angles, verbal explanations and visual cues are included throughout each play demonstration and diagramming and breakdown
- And because repetition is the mother of information retention and skill development, each play is broken down into multiple steps and actions that reinforce critical information and the keys to making each A Set Offense and action as effective as possible.
The A Set Offense Coach:
Coach Lason Perkins is a legend in the basketball information business. He is the author of hundreds of articles and basketball topic breakdowns and a trusted go-to source for insight, information, and expert analysis. He has starred in numerous video presentations and coaching clinics – and Horn Offense plays collection is a classic Coach Lason Perkins presentation of useful and winning information that will help any team and program add hard to guard plays and actions to their playbook.
|Pick and Roll Plays||0:06:07|
|Game Film Breakdown & Bonus Plays||0:45:44|